R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobby Pro USA PR S1 2wd Buggy ALL NEW
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 05:34 PM
8drenlnjunkE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blystr
Hey guys I think I'm going to go ahead and swap my buggy over to MM. I've never ran a MM buggy so I have to ask... Do you guys have any setup tips? I'm running an 8.5, would gearing likely be close to what I currently use? I'll also be switching to a gear diff since the ball diff is shot until parts come in, what diff fluid are you guys running on a medium to high traction track? Thanks in advance!
Your gearing will not change from RM to MM. As far as build tips, move your esc to directly behind the servo and the battery as far back towards the motor as you can. Depending on how rough or smooth your track is would change shock oil. I currently run 32.5 f and 27.5r with 2 hole 1.6 pistons and kyosho pink front springs and white rear. This setup has seemed to work everywhere from high bite to low bite, but I have also ran 27.5 f 25r with kyosho gold rear springs and liked it as well. As far as the gear diff I just pack it as full as I can with the black grease and you're set. Only advice I can give is when you first drive it don't point and shoot, just carry speed and ease into the throttle and you shouldn't have any trouble