R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - July 30th - Aug 3rd Roar On Road a Paved Nationals Fullthrottlercraceway
Old 05-08-2014, 04:58 PM
jmackani
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just to help clear this up some, the Wednesday practice has been happening for the off-road nationals over the past year. I was on the excomm committee at the time when this was done. Tracks do not get rich on the national events. It 's even stated in the bid form. The committee at the time figured this would be a way to help out the track owners with some additional income if they kept the fees reasonable. Also, it was clear the committee did not want any idea that one racer had 2000 more laps than anyone else in practice. So, the original intent was for the track to have their own day of practice and then it was decided that some ROAR RMT would be sent to oversee and ensure the 2000 lap scenario did not occur. The official start for the ROAR event is practice seeding on Thursday. You do not even have to show for that either. It just means you will start qualifying in lower skilled classes and I did see pros on the off-road side where this did work out to their advantage. There is nothing secret in the contract process and probably 98% of what it entails is covered hear for reading: http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf

I am a regional director now and I have to agree with the gentlemen that mentioned the regional level is where to solve the problem. ROAR is working this aspect directly over the last month to assess this piece of the puzzle.