R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 04:47 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrjudd77
You don't need the DJC's with a front gear diff. It is the spool that causes the chatter by not letting the wheels to spin at different speeds. I don't know how the DJC's fix that but a gear diff is a better solution
I think there are two separate things that cause chatter. One reason is the one you stated. .... the front wheels cannot turn different speeds, so might cause chatter in tight corners. The other cause of chatter is from when the stock joints are used outside of their usable range, they will chatter. If you have your steering set up with a lot of throw/lock, you'll have this problem. DJC's will fix it.

When I ordered my R1 ps, I ordered the 3racing djc's. They were cheaper than the spec r ones. I also ordered the tamiya ball cups, but I didn't order enough. Order two packages. I drilled holes in mine before installing them, so that the ball studs could be removed rather than popping off the ball cup.
I also ordered a pack of 5mm ID shim washers, and some spare c-hubs, steering blocks, outter pivot pins, and arms.
My kit didn't come with enough shock oil, so you might want to order an extra bottle