R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - July 30th - Aug 3rd Roar On Road a Paved Nationals Fullthrottlercraceway
Old 05-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Robertcooper88
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
All I can say is that the cost of the "big" races. ALL OF THEM not just ROAR Nats are getting out of hand.

I remember the good ole days when entries were $40 and the entire A main got a plaque or trophy and the 1-3rd got the same in every main and most of those races you got a hand out motor and an Event T-shirt.. Now they want you to pay for the pit table, chair, electricty, Motor and shirt on top of the $80-100 entry.

With an "if you don't like it, don't come" attitude....and ppl wonder why the hobby isn't growing.

Like Billy said. If you can't answer the sipmlest of questions without sounding like you already have a chip on your shoulder...may be YOU aren't the person who needs to be representing the track on these forums. Not all owners need to be the spokes person for thier business...

I love how after tracks take the time to bid and then WIN the bid do they try and throw it back in the racers faces of how much money they are gonna lose by hosting a race.

You knew EXACTLY what you were getting into when you accepted the race! If its not cost effective for you to hold the race and you are gonna lose $$$ why accept?

Ok off the soap box for now.
And Gas used to cost $0.10/gallon! All I am saying is, with the exception of a few posts, this thread has been dominated over having to pay the track an extra $10 for practice and having to pay $20 for a pit for the week. I, personally, do not see a problem with helping support a facility, any facility. Yes, to go to that practice you MAY have to miss an extra day of work and maybe spend an extra night in a hotel(you could fly in on Wednesday morning). But, that is something you have to contend with, everyone shouldn't have to contend with your travel restrictions. i.e. Jeff Gordon doesn't have to show up on Friday to practice because Michael McDowell cant make it till then, he can show up on Thursday if he has the means to.

Our track hosted Nats last year, Village Raceway. We did not charge for Power, Pits, tables etc because we do not have Rent to pay or an electric bill, we are very lucky. We were able to provide the tables, chairs, tents etc. at no additional cost to the racer. However, it can't be expected that every track has that same luxury. Every place is different, with different operating costs. Don't you think you should have to pay for what you use? Anything that is thrown in to be a bonus? It can't always be assumed that everything be thrown in, we would have no place to race! And we don't have Obama to give us everything!

With Regards to the Bid, Did any of you see the bid? Do you know what was included in the bid? No, neither do I! How can you begin to talk about something you know nothing about? ROAR approved the flyer, apparently they did not have a problem with it, an assumption can be made by that everything in the flyer was included in the bid. Right? Maybe, the other bids could not Match the Bid Full Throttle made. I have no idea, do you?

By the way, Other than being a 3 hour trip away from FT, I have no affiliation with that track. I just get tired of the constant bitching and complaining in this Hobby, it never stops and it Hurts the hobby! Yes, I understand everyone has an opinion but how much should your opinion count if you do not know the Whole Story? For a Track Representative, don't you think it can get frustrating to see everything everyone writes, knowing they don't know the Whole Story? That may be why you are getting the smart-ass remarks. Just sayin'.

Eric, thank you! To you as well.