R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Matt :-)
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdmjimmy
Hey e-Revo - how are you liking the tekin rsx, I am going to be installing that esc with a tekin 6.5 and a 23 pinion, would I need to add boost and timming or would it be fine just like that with no boost or timming . Asking because of all the heat issues peeps are having .
Concerned about heat myself, I've been spending a lot of time pestering everyone on this thread, and our friendly folks at Tekin about proper gearing, and motor selection for the D413.

The rep at Tekin converted the "turn" rating on their Redline Gen2 motors to "kv" ratings for me over the phone.

Tekin Redline Gen2 "turn" to "kv" conversion (per Tekin rep)

6.5t = 6700kv
7.5t = 6100kv
8.5t = 5300kv
9.5t = 4900kv
10.5t = 4500kv
13.5t = 3500kv
17.5t = 2500kv

From what I hear, every manufacturer uses different methods to figure "turn" & "kv" ratings. So trying to use this conversion for a brand that is NOT Tekin, will probably not be accurate.

I've also noticed a couple guys using 6.5t motors on this thread trying to gear down as much as possible because of heat. I believe the smallest pinion they have been able to fit is a 19 tooth. Also, I think T. Deguzman mentioned he's running a 6.5t with a 21 tooth pinion. So you may want to consider having some pinions smaller than a 23 tooth on hand just in case.

Also, just as a note. The higher the "boost or timing" is set, the higher the temps will go.

Here's Tekin's customer service # 208-634-5559
The reps at Tekin provide the best customer service I've ever experienced with R/C. They're friendly, happy to help, and they know their product very well.

Hope you find this info helpful. Cheers