R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - July 30th - Aug 3rd Roar On Road a Paved Nationals Fullthrottlercraceway
Old 05-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Landscaper
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Hope you enjoyed our facility Chris, we were very proud to be able to host the race and was not even in discussion for charging. Race was not perfect, but we learned a lot.

I am surprised to see the extra charge, and will bring it up to the other excom members. I wanted to host a "Club" race on Thursday night for our Nats, and was not allowed to. The reasoning was the it was a compulsory extra cost. On top of that it was a compulsory session for everyone.

This is George/Steve's facility and they have to make ends meet, but ROAR sanctions the race. My comments are not of the ROAR EXCOM, they are personal. Just know that someone from the excom is aware and were looking into it.
Tim,

You are correct you where not allowed to have a club race during the nationals, it was not due to being "compulsory" but due to the fact it was a national event no other facility has ever requested a club race during a national event. As far as wed practice all of the Excomm has ben aware of it. It is an optional practice that is controlled by the ROAR RMT with all practice funds going to the track. Some tracks choose to charge for wed practice others do not. We will review this procedure at our fall meeting.

Steve Mruk
ROAR President