R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB8
Thread: Xray XB8
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 02:40 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crd
XB8-14 comes standard with LONG 3 stripes so called progressive springs the XB9-13 in second shipment came with MEDIUM length 3 stripes ? so called progressive springs. So yes there is a difference in spring length and so number of coils. But how springs work wether or not they are progressive or linear is a whole different story...........................

Paco
Originally Posted by kuruption
Okay, regarding the springs...

The springs are the same part numbers, they appear to only have added the 4-stripe medium and long lengths. I did notice the stripes were wider on the new springs w/ the XB8, but they are the same part number and the same spring rate.

Springs do get worn out after expensive use, maybe you're comparing a new spring with an older spring?
They are the same part number. These are both 3 stripe front springs. Same length
Pictured below are the new 3 stripe xb8 springs on the left and some I purchased a few months ago on the right. You can see the stripe etchings on the top are different and the coil count has changed quite a bit

Click image for larger version

Name:	3s1.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	1194119

Here you can see the wire gauge has changed as well.
New 3 stripe xb8

Name:	3s2.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	1194120

Old 3 stripe xb9

Name:	3s3.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1194121

I like the feel of the new strings much better. I always felt the jump from 2 stripe to 3 stripe was a big change before. But now it is not so large