R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity kill shot motors
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:00 PM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

I have two 21.5 RPM Kill shots, one with the pink 12.5mm high RPM rotor and one with the turquoise 12.5mm High Torque rotor. I'm down to a 3.4 FDR on both motors and they are both fast but still not getting warm (used the 3 second rule and didn't bother with the IR temp gun). Running on a long straight and very open turns. The High Torque version does has some cogging on start but other than that it runs great. Hi RPM rotor version is running 60* timing and the Hi torque rotor version is at 55* timing. Am I lucky or do I have a problem? Most posts are talking about 3.6 FDR and higher. Thinking that on the big outdoor asphalt track I run on the FDR of 3.2 or so might be where these motors come to life. I ran 3.4 FDR last weekend and had the same top end as the winner but he came off the track at 180F and I was about 140F with the 12.3mm broad power band rotor that came with the RPM Kill Shot. Does the 12.5mm rotors make that much difference? Only thing I did when I swapped out the original rotors was to shim the new ones so there was a little more end play on the shaft, just seem too tight to me.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 05-03-2014 at 11:12 PM.