R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 08:21 PM
suzukipro
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I'm a bit confused why many seem to remove the rear plastic spacer/chassis tray under the rear diff and then go with the +2mm (higher) toe plates? I had to file the radius on the stock RR toe plate to get the screw holes to line up with the diff holes, I also filed off the outside drop downs on each side to prevent them from digging in when it bottoms out on landings. Anyhow I ran the .5 inserts on the lower outside and the rear end was much more planted than it was a week ago. I ran the Vic set up the best I could, but had a few issues prevent me from pulling it off entirely.

Now I have to work on gearing as it seems under geared, the motor was getting hot 180°F &SC was in the 120°F range. I'll need to work on suspension a bit too as I didn't realize how rough my indoor track is until driving a 1:10 buggy on it (broke first A Arm today), overall it was a nice improvement for it's 2nd time out. I also added the brass 20 gram triangles to the back and it did help settle the car down in the rough stuff.

Happy I bought a XB4