R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 07:13 PM
BuddyBaja
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
At this point in the break in you can start to lean out the top end slightly each tank or so. This in turn will give you more heat and slightly more RPM. Heat is absolutely essential to a perfectly broken in Novarossi. You will also notice the motor will go rich as it starts to break in more and more. Keep at it you have a long way to go till she drops.

As far as the VP goes, I run the 25% VP Powermaster and I really like it. The race blend will render more power but you also are taking out a good percentage of oil. A lot of people I've talked to run the 25% VP with an ounce or two of Klotz Benol. I run the castor oil in the VP as well. Little castor oil adds a safety net. Id start with 2 oz if you are newer to tuning to add a little safety net in case we go a little too lean, or if you are comfortable with tuning try 1 oz.
Got about 5 more tanks through it. Leaning It out little by little because as you stated it started to go rich. I think the JP2 pipe is holding me back and wanted to know what you thought about the 41019c with the 9886. Right now I am more interested in speed and just having fun. Also it came with 8 mm insert installed. If I went bigger it would give me more power up top but with less tq correct?