R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R1 Brushless Motors (Roar approved) 17.5,21.5 & 13.5
Old 05-03-2014, 09:25 AM
R1wurks
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Max, I answered your email a few mins ago. I recommend trying 26pinion, that should bring your fdr to 3.77 if you still need more punch you can try what redbullfixx recommended (25-23pinion) please try one change at a time. Try changing the gearing first & test your timing change later.

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Ciao to all from Italy

tested the 21.5 on my TRG114 F1 car,the motor is coupled with a viper vtx10be esc in no timing mode, the track where tested it is in Leghorn, the straight is abt 50 mtrs and the overall lenght is abt 270 mtrs; the first part of the track is fast with an opencurveat the endof the straight, the the second part is medium fast with acouple of hairpin and the lastpart very technical one with 3 consecutive chicane. When i tested the motor there was another guy with lrp x20 motor and flow esc. I was geared 98 spur and 29 pinion, on the straight my top end speed was a little bit faster than the otherguy, but on the exitof the chicane i was slower, it seems to me that the motor was lacking of punch.
Could you pls advise wich esc are you using? did you try to increase the timing (i know that 30° are factory build in)?

Tnks for your kind help.

Ciao
Max