R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 1:10 F1
Thread: Serpent 1:10 F1
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 05:05 PM
snuvet75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Steve S
I omitted them. The pod doesn't move freely with the shims because the 3 pivot points (including center pivot) are not in line.

Disclaimer: I have not run the car yet.
Can you elaborate a bit? You mean the 3 points being both ends of side link and the pod connector?
I thought the reason of the shim is to make the links move more freely side to side. But again, like the other guy said, F110 seems to be the only one that uses shims under the links. So I don't know LOL
BTW, Steve, I didn't know there are two different rule sets for different front track widths. That's crazy.. I sort of noticed that 3racing and speed passion cars have a lot wider front track width than F110. Maybe that's why mine lacks steering? I haven't really settled down my car yet due to various reasons so I can't really blame the track width but the front end feels really stiff when I push it down. I tried Tamiya softest springs too but doesn't feel much different. I just ordered RIDE soft/soft tires hoping it would make more steering. Now I'm using 71/72 Shimitzu tires.