R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 02:38 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy
He asked questions. That's it. Questions! Are your beliefs so fragile they can't handle a few questions?

We've got a weight rule to protect these so called older chassis to keep them competitive. So I ask "Okay, which ones? And what percentage of the field do they comprise?" Its a fair question. Here's another, "Are we really making 29 people add 150 grams of weight, so the one guy in 30 with a TC4 can still be fast?" At what point does it become pointless? In two more years we'll all be adding 200 grams and we'll go "wait a minute, why does EVERYONE add 200 grams of weight?" Why, because Elmer out in Minot N.D. still runs a TC4 and he may want to sell that on the used market and how are noobs ever going to get into the sport if they can't find a used 10 year old chassis design...?
+1....and I'm very biased USVTA over ROAR rules, just ask MoparSRT but I'm also getting a bit disgruntled over adding weight. To tell you the truth, we have a solid following here in Florida and I've never seen a car that wasn't stacked pretty solid with weight. Where are these racers that we're keeping this rule in place for?

In fact, my ebay order of pinewood derby tungsten weights is on the way and should arrive any day now just so I can try and minimize the space and the locations the current brass weights are taking up. I find it ironic that I'm going to this extreme just to minimize my frustration with the extra chassis "luggage".

....and thanks in advance for not getting excited over my opinion....