R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Benzaah;13228085]Part number has not changed so I doubt the screw is in a different spot than before.

The only hole in the top deck I see is the one for the belt tensionor that doesn't line up with anything on the chassis, so I'd agree with you unless they do a running change in the top deck, but the pictures don't show that.

I reckon that's a typo as they have never had plastic versions of the 2 and 6 degree hubs and they are not listed as a spare anywhere. I hope it's true as I've always wanted to test the 6 degree hubs and never wanted to fork out for the Alu version.

Agreed, this is really mis-leading and NEEDS to be fixed up. As with the previous car, same thing stated, but no other c-hubs but the stock 4*. And nothing available other than the aluminum option ones. BTW, the 6* are a nice tuning option and work quite well.

Also the new shock o-rings seems to work well so far. ***I have to recant this statement, as after one run the new o-rings leaked very bad, first time I have had drips of oil on the spring collar and lower arms. It looks like the o-ring did not swell, but the inner hole expanded. I have now gone back to the blue Traxxas x-ring and the Yokomo shims.

Hoping the pics on the site are of a early production car, as I don't see the 3rd hole in the front shock tower for the extra body post either.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 05-05-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: o-ring issues.