R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 04-30-2014, 06:11 AM
napoleon1981
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I agree that the final voltage will be higher in a bigger pack, but I don't think it will make much of a difference though, specially when corner speed is the name of the spec game...
Also, the smaller pack makes for a better balance between what the motor needs, and the available energy in the pack: no need for a nuclear power source to run a 17.5t.... No wonder some racers endup cooking their motors, while I run mine at a much higher gearing with no heat issues at all !!!!!!! Take a look at stock brushed motors running nimh packs easily vs burning up with lipos, eventhough the lipos are lighter... Yeah I know brushless is more efficient than brushed, but brushless/nimh is more efficient than brushless/lipo for the same weight..... Don't overcook your motors guys with 7500mah packs while Bert passes you by....lol.... A 4300mah pack is the best size there is....
Yes because a LiPo volt is not the same as a NiMH volt.

You should try some NiCads Bert, they are even better for stock racing. There are some good 1200mAh cells out there that really make you pass everyone.