R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Dino_D
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
yeah guys in general great about that. I know though for some threads the mods have done the first page up date thing before. Maybe we need to compile stuff first, then send that out.

here is question, for loose dirt conditions, what spring ranges do you guys recommend to have on hand as well as pistons to use?

And i correct in assuming AE springs work fine?
Loose dirt. Rear Motor right?

I think normally for the rear it would be Stock Light Blue or Black in the rear.
Front would range between Stock Light Blue, Black or Dark Green)
Not sure what the AE equivalent would be but just compare the rates. Another thing is between different manufacturers although its the same rate, the progressiveness of the spring may be different.
I have tested the TLR low frequency springs using similar rates, and its good when the track is really bumpy, as the car doesn't oscillate so much on low bite tracks.

Pistons vary dependent on track conditions. You want bigger and less holes on bumpy tracks, and smaller and more holes on tracks with big jumps.

I like running a hole area of 5.3. using the stock orange o-rings. 27wt Front 3x1.5mm or 4x1.3mm and 25wt rear 3x1.5mm or 4x1.3mm or Splits (2x1.5+2x1.1) It really depends on the track.

If you are using the low friction o-rings then 3x1.6mm 32-35wt front. 30wt rear to get similar packing.