R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 09:03 AM
tonylunatic
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

What did I just walk in too? Or step in?

I been off the tech section of the forums for a while and WOW, still a soap opera up in here.

Anyways.... wanted to give you "TEAM C" GUYS a brief recap of this weekends NovaRossi Challenge @ Gulf Coast-Raceway.

First and for most ask any one who attended I had the second fastest car there, with Paolo Morganti having the fastest.

The car (TEAM C) handled and performed beautifully. I ran all three qualifiers and won everyone and improved my lap times every time. Only 4 guys could break off 16 laps with Paolo smoking us as usual with 17 laps. He's a WORLD CHAMPION, period!

I ended up qualifying 5th, with 2-5th each less then one second (0.025-0.868) apart. The competition was fierce.

In the main(30mins) we had a very clean start, I ended up hole shooting out a spot an after the first 3 laps was in 3rd. Chad and I battled for second for a while, I was literally on his rear end trying to make a good clean pass, till he cracked and let me by. By this time Paolo was already behind us and lapped us.

Paolo held first the entire race the battle was always really for 2nd and 3rd, I held 2nd position till the last 8 minutes of the race when my front out drive snapped in half, the car would basically spin out on braking. I kept going as the car was still semi drivable. I was braking and counter steering the spin in the Two main braking sections of the track. I drove like this for another 3 minutes and held my 2nd spot as I had lapped the field with the other guys having flame outs.

The car finally quit completely as I came in for a splash pit around the 5min mark.

I did the best I could fellas, I was literally praying on the stand while driving to just let me finish.... And hopefully on Podium. I wanted to put Team C on the map against an entire field of SNAKES

Anyways the out drive broke because of my lack of maintenance (sorta), after the 2Q, Paolo was helping me tune my car and we notice my front right cvd was bent, so of course would wobble while driving. I decided to run the last Q like that.

Before the main I changed all the drive shaft pins (rear and center) and replaced both front cvds and bearings, even replaced the one way bearing in the 2speed wasn't leaving anything to chance, but I think the out drive must have already weakened from driving it with a bent shaft and finally gave out under pressure. Because thats the side that it broke on right front.

A couple of things the New RcShox gear conversion is a must have I have used it in 2 races now and it really puts us in the gear ration and power out put range of the Serpents and the RcShox Dual pistons definitely work wonders for setting up the car to handle the corners.

I will post my full set up, later today.

In closing, I would like to thanks all my Sponsors and friends for their support.