R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why are we Dumbing down our hobby??
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Turbo Joe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
Its not worth commenting cause only you guys have fun.

We are serious racers and dont have fun !

Everyone has fun in their own way. You guys love bashing and we like high levels of compitition, at the end we all have fun.
R/C just isn't an all-consuming passion for me, it's a fun thing (most of the time) that I do. I know that I suck at it and I try to suck a little less every time I go out.

I just think that there are more people like me who don't have aspirations to be the next Hara or Kinwald...or even that they're going to ever be the fastest guy at the local track. Maybe I could if I put in enough time and money, but then it's not a "hobby" to me...it's a profession. BTDT with some other "hobbies" that got out of hand...now they aren't as fun as they were.

It's just lame to have a thread on here bemoaning the RTR (and other sacrilegious developments) because it makes life somewhat easier for someone to try R/C. I can see it now...the next thread will be pissing and moaning that Speed Gems have ruined the sport because people don't have to wind their own motors anymore.

This hobby needs some help if you want it to have a broader appeal...making it more tedious and expensive just isn't going to cut it.

Last edited by Turbo Joe; 01-17-2005 at 09:42 AM.