R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Jakesterama
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdmjimmy
So i just pre-ordered my kit, and this will be my first 4wd buggy, I wanted to know what motor and esc's people are running. I am thinking of 6.5 turn motor and either a tekin combo deal or Orion setup as well, if any of you guys run either can you tell me your likes and dislikes if any, will also be running the kit primarily outdoor small track. Thank you all, and last what tires will work best for weekly night club racing series, can't wait to get my kit, should be getting it late may, at least that is what tower hobbies says. Any pics also would be much appreciated to also get an idea of wiring and setup. I also was thinking of running the shorty pack, and what batteries are you guys running.
I think most people are running 4wd buggies in the 5.5-7.5 range. Each ESC manufacturer has their own way to rate, you need to make sure that it can handle the weight and/or the turns of the motor. Personally, with mod I haven't noticed as big of a difference between setups. If you are running on a smaller track, you might be able to get away with a 10.5 or 13.5, especially if you are just starting with a 4wd.

A couple of euro guys tried shorty vs saddle when the kit first arrived over there, and unanimously decided that the shorty offered all the pro's of nimbleness, with no adverse side effects. Go back a couple pages in the thread, guys are planning on running almost every brand of shorty possible, lol. I went with a nano-tech, just because of the price and I have had really good luck with Turnigy batteries in the past.

Without knowing more about your track, we probably won't be able to help you with tire choice. Track material, track prep, and race day climate all can vastly change tire choice.