R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DETC410
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 06:48 AM
NEED-MORE-SPEED
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loomumbaa
any advices for me building the shocks without rebound? Can`t get it right. I`m doing like it`s written in the manual, but at the end I still got rebount and the weird thing is that there is a different amount of rebound on every shock.
On my TF-6 I had no issues with that.
Getting "zero" rebound or a dead shock shaft and also, making all (4) exactly the same can rattle your head sometimes.

Basically getting a completely dead shock shaft isn't totally necessary as 20% rebound is practically the same as a dead shock. The suspension will never compress to the point of "zero" rebound on the track under it's performance.

There are different strokes for different folks when building shocks. However the best method of accomplishing very little rebound, I found the following methods work well for me and several others. Rosko summed it up on his last post

* Once oil is in place and air bubbles have escaped, lightly roll the shock bladder on top of the shock body, take a 2mm wrench for example, lightly press down on the middle of the bladder using the tip of the wrench "sealing" the bladder and also allowing the excess oil to escape. All this needs to be done with the shock shaft not compressed into the shock body.

* At this point you can fully tighten the cap on the shock body. At this point you'll probably find 100% rebound, but a smooth feeling shock.

* Fully compress the shaft into the shock body (with the shock end on as Rosko mentioned) and hold the shaft fully compressed into the shock body. At this point you can loosen the bleeder screw on the shock cap until the remaining oil bleeds out. Once all remaining oil has escaped replace and fully tighten the bleeder screw back into the shock cap then release shock shaft. This will achieve very little rebound if any at all.

* Keep in mind getting all (4) shocks exactly the same can be little frustrating but if all 4 shocks are between 5 - 20% rebound you'll be tip top.