R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT8 Lite
Thread: GT8 Lite
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 04:37 PM
ViperZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Thanks for the info....if using the Protrac arm, do I have to upgrade the drive shaft..? The Slash shaft are those expandable type and I think sliding them out 5mm on each side outward should not be a problem.....

I do understand about the strength of the drive shaft, I will upgrade that if I have to....
Your set up looks nice too!

This is what Protrac states:

**While the stock axles will work with the ProTrac™ Suspension Kit, some customers may want a heavy duty CVD option for their truck (for Racing or Extreme Bashing purposes). The following MIP option has been confirmed to work with the kit:
MIP #11104 X-Duty CVD Kit (2 Required for Front and Rear)
MIP #10133 X-Duty Front Axle (2 Required for Front Left and Front Right)

Additional note: If you already own X-Duty CVDs for the Slash®/Stampede® 4x4, you can use MIP #11105 Male bones to convert your drives to the new length. Axles can then be skipped in this case.

In Rally-1 I'm using the MIP#11104 and 10133 parts.

I haven't sized the OEM plastic axles to the Protrac system, however on Rally-2, I have converted that fully over to the XO-1 CVDs, 6mm Spindles, Hub carriers and bearings. I sized it up with the Protrac system and think it will work. I plan to run it as is if I install the Protrac on Rally-2

Here is my Thread regarding that

Front, 6.18mm exposed at the full extended travel = 10.61mm of insertion contact.

Back