R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Returning from a 5 year break....
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 05:19 AM
Grenade10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Avoid Hobbyking. They seem to be having real problems at the moment getting orders to people. It seems the couriers are stopping lipo/life packages and many people are not getting their stuff. I have a couple of buddies who have just managed to get refunds from Paypal because of this.

Besides the stuff that comes out of hobbyking is cheap crap that doesn't last 5 minutes. Been there done that!!

Amainhobbies has a range of good well known brand life rx packs in differing configurations. Protek, LRP and Reedy IIRC. Pop over to their site and search LIFE and they'll all come up!

LIFE is better than LIPO as it has a lower voltage than lipo which is kinder to the majority of non-HV servos and receivers. Be sure you've also got an appropriate charger for the life. A nimh charger will not do!
Interesting, I've normally used the USA warehouse and had no issues, maybe I just got lucky. I also have had no issues with quality. Once again maybe lucky, but just pointed to them as a source that I had no issues with.