R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 04-19-2014, 07:36 AM
VegasHB
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aeRayls
My bearings have felt gritty when built since day one. It's very frustrating. Pull it apart and it's smooth in my hands, put it together, feels gritty. Bearing isn't toast but it feels that way installed.

Some people have the problem, some don't, some change to the 3 insert and it's gone, some it gets worse lol. Another guy bought different bearings, problem solved. Who knows.

It bothers my OCD to no f***ing end!!! But it doesn't stop me from winning races
My latest set were the avid bearings, same deal, pull them out and smooth as butter but install and incredibly gritty. That's what makes me think the axle bearings aren't aligned perfectly so when installed the bearings they're seeing uneven wear. I can tell it's off a bit because when I just push the axle through it catches the inside bearing and wants to pop it out so i have to hold it in place and wiggle/force the axle through both bearings. Once done it feels like dog s**t unless the bearings are brand new. Even with brand new bearings it doesn't feel very free, just not gritty.

The centered 3mm inserts feel the best but when going to the 2/4 inserts it's crap. There's definitely something off with some of the molds of these inserts, i don't think the crush tube was ever an issue at least with mine. The screw tightens up fine and puts no pressure on the bearings since I can pull the axle in and out slightly with play from the bearings.