R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Mr B
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
The diffs are actually easier access! They aren't in the clamshells anymore but they are removed without removing the arms or bulkheads or suspension hangers or even front bumper!
Every car i ever had was the same way. 2 screws holds the diff housing front / rear part, and 4 screws hold the diff housing parts to one and other. Those 6 screws gone, and you lift half the housing out, might have to rotate it a little to get it past the sway-bar but thats the most complicated move it takes. After that just pull the diff straight out. From the images, this one is just the same. Center diff... pull the linkage to the throttle body, and undo the 4 screws holding the centerplate. If you got extra chassi-stiffeners, it's 1 screw more for each. Again, not really any good pictures of it, but this looks the same. With the servo attached to the plate you might gain the tiny benefit of not having to pop the linkage of the throttle body, but... It still needs removing, cleaning, and (dry)lubrication.

Also sure it uses a pbs front end. In testing this is what we found to work best on the widest variety of conditions and surfaces. But it's not a copy. They're are geometry changes and many other features that just can't be appreciated from a few photos.
Then... Get us better images. It cant really be that secret, if it's in a magazine...?

Hope you guys will look a little deeper and see the thought and design that went into this buggy. It will look much better in production as well as we still have many handmade parts.
Honestly, this LOOKS like it's back to what everyone else is doing, and we all know to be proven and well tested. It's like saying "yeah guys. The last model was crap, lets go back to what everyone else does" without really offering any candy to sweeten the deal. I actually LIKE the old one, but this one looks like any other run of the mill 1:8 buggy.

While i never did get around to buying the old one, i always wanted to... This one... Don't think so based on the current info. It should be noted, i wanted one of the old ones the first time i saw pre-production images. I mean, stuff like this:

Seriously... Who doesn't want some of that. I could put that on a bookshelf, with no intent of ever using it.
B!