R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Last year was a crazy year and I didn't get much time behind the wheel of an RC. I recently moved to Las Vegas. On-road racing here is a challenge, most do off-road and any drive to California for race. I did find a parking lot race and went to try it out on Friday.

I was the only one with an m chassis so they through me in with the 1/18 class. Those guys are actually really quick, some run 13.5 motors.. And here I am with a 21.5. Nonetheless I held my own.. First heat I was in 2nd place until a stupid error and then finished 3rd. For the second heat I decided to go for a little more speed and added some timing to my motor. Which was a big mistake and I ended up hitting a barrier and breaking the steering knuckle (I hope the M05 V2 new arms and knuckles are more durable!)

For the main I went down in timing again and I was doing really well until I get stuck and the Marshall took too long to free me. I then had to play catch up and finished middle of the pack.

Everyone was very impressed since it was a rear wheel drive. I was impressed since the car was untouched from one year ago.