R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Espeefan
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyler hays
Just curious how much your steering EPA varies from left to right. I am like 120% left 80% right. I went back and made sure my steering links were the same and the length per the manual. I got it to 110% left and 95% right. I am OCD. Are yours any closer than that?

Do you use the thrust washer behind the retaining pin in the diff? Just read that some leave it out in their 8ight 3.0s
It sounds like the steering link, coming off your servo arm and going to the servo saver bell crank, needs some adjustment. If it's too short (or too long), you'll need more servo throw in one direction than the other. EPA will correct for this, as you know, and it will be just fine, however if you want to be OCD about it (and I understand, being a little OCD myself) you'll have to play with the length of this steering link.

Mechanically get the servo arm and servo saver bell crank parallel to each other. Adjust the steering servo's neutral point with your radio's programming, under sub-trim, if the servo arm splines do not allow you to put the servo arm on the output shaft at 90 degrees to the servo. Once the arm is at 90 degrees, than you have to adjust the linkage so that servo saver bell crank is parallel to the servo arm. After all that, your EPA adjustments should be very close, but they might still not be perfect. I wouldn't worry about it to much.

As for the shims, I did not use any inside the differentials of my truck. They felt good to me. I just built the diffs per the instruction manual.