R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why are we Dumbing down our hobby??
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 01:18 PM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by elcid4300
Ray,

My comments about $$$ and getting hurt were to strengthen the point about the skill required with full size racing, there are very serious consequences in making mistakes. Obviously you have your opinion as I have mine. Competition is competition wether it be racing RC cars or Karts or F1. Just be real about the fact that the knowledge and skill needed to pedal a car or a Kart is immense...I am sure most will agree.
Yes-and thats why I quit for awhile. I had three bad accidents in two seasons-all could have had me seriousely hurt-but I didnt break any bones or anything. I figured my luck was getting a bit thin and my first child was on the way-so cool it off for awhile. And yes-I am in pain every day from the crashes (neck and back).

I am being real-a kart you hold onto the wheel-its very apparent at all times where your losing time to your competitors and youve got gauges and data acquisition, pyrometers to back it up. An RC car is 10' to 150' away from you-totally unconnected to your senses, but your eyesight and maye a little to your ears-if the tracks not too loud.

I would say that someone with the desire and bravado to go fast in a car will be much further along after a summer of car racing then his equal counterpart switching to RC cars. And the guy running the rc cars will get 10x more track time and chnaces to race then the car guy.

Anyways-I digress-this has nothing to do with dumbing down the sport!!!