R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB8
Thread: Xray XB8
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 02:43 AM
razo125
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TIX
Thats a better explanation of what I was trying to say.

I found the 14 degree kingpin to be very aggressive in the corner. You really have to make sure you don't over steer the car. The lower the inclination the less aggressive the steering in the corner but they turned into the corner better
That's what I've heard also. I've only driven the 14s but did notice I have to "unwind" the steering a bit as I exit or else the car can hook once I get on the throttle. I really liked the 14s, but based on feedback from Rallyebmx the 6s feel more balanced because he has more turn in with less steering input and can just crank the wheels on steering exit to hold the race line. The 6's have a longer upper arm link also which may be another reason why it feels less aggressive.

He's tested the 6s on medium and low grip tracks and likes them on both. But I will guess the 14s could be a bit better on lower grip dusty tracks. When your sliding around everywhere you won't feel the agressiveness but will need the extra steering when you need to hold the race line exiting a corner.

The 6 degree plates are on my wish list when I get back to the track. I can't test any of this until summertime.

Last edited by razo125; 04-12-2014 at 03:17 AM.