R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:52 PM
josecarlo1129
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quantra
Thanks again for more advice, sorry I missed it until now! The resistance is in the diff itself, if I take it out of the car and turn the outdrives it's very stiff with 1k oil in it, not at all notchy though. When I find some time to give it some love I'll rebuild it and see if I can find anything as I do like the idea of a low/no maintenance gear diff =]

During my searches I found one diff from spec r which may (or may not) fit. It's for the Tamiya M06, has anyone tried this diff? http://www.spec-r.com/default/index....roducts_id=360

I did a few laps with the car at my local club on their carpet track. Not really set the car up or did anything with the tyres and the car lacks steering and pushes a lot but it's a lot of fun to drive. I don't know enough about F1 to say it will be quick when I have tuned the understeer out of it but I'm sure it will be even more fun =D

I'm thinking of changing tyres to sort out the understeer. Right now I have Pit Shimizu soft grooved tyres front and rear so I was thinking about changing the rears to medium.
Hi Vince. I am also loving my 3racing FGX but with a little modification at the front end. I find it a bit stable using the F104 fronts than the FGX steering system. I am just waiting for G-Rem's belt conversion before altering the rear.

Cheers!