R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 Novak US Touring Car Championships
Old 01-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Steve Weiss
The Evicerator

Default Re: Re: BK's car

Originally posted by NR
It dont look to good for the novak GTX and the new Cobalt motors when theres 3 fans in the car it gives you second thoughts on the motors. and the speedy well yes i need a fan on mine to which i think is appalling. It will def be the last novak i Buy
I think that this reaction to having a number of fans in your car is somewhat understandable to someone who hasn't seen the difference that keeping your motor just a little bit cooler can do to your run time, power, and motor condition.

Having three fans in his car is not a function of the stuff not working without it. Having three fans in his car is a result of a few things. The first of which is wanting to make sure that he gets the best performance out of his equipment in very high load situations for the full five minutes. The second is the fact that when your car is underweight, you might as well add weight that will actually benefit you somehow, instead of just sticking a lump of lead in a random spot.

Cooler equals more efficient and consistant in the realm of electronics. If you were trying to win a race against the very best in the world wouldn't you want your car to be as efficient and consistant as possible?