R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 04-06-2014, 11:11 PM
ktmderf
Tech Rookie

I've been having trouble with heat with my B5ms. I have a car for both stock and mod. I haven't seen a whole lot about that trouble in this thread but I did see where dropping weight has made it better especially in stock. My stock comes in at almost 1600 grams but I have it geared at 29/75 which is pretty conservative compared to others and with 30degrees of motor timing in blinky mode. So I don't quite get why it's getting hot. Is it the weight? I ran the same setup on my 4.2 and it used to come off just warm. I don't see how some guys are running gearing like 69/32 with 17.5 and not getting way too hot? I'm running on an indoor track that isn't big but it isn't tight. Even with my mod car I'm running a Reedy 7.5 with gearing at 21/81 and it will come off at 185 and that's with stock timing at 20 degrees. I just saw Maifields latest setup and he's running the Reedy 7.5 gearing at 23/81 with 0 degrees of timing. Does that mean he retarded the timing on the motor from the stock 20 to 0? Or is 0 in reference to the stock 20? If that makes any sense lol. Any tips are really appreciated. My 17.5 is also a Sonic Mach 2.