R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 08:46 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Yup, I had a bit of a shopping spree as you can see in the attached pic. I need to order a few more items now....mostly just spacers and shims, maybe a couple of more diffs (one for the front of my vta car, and one for a local club member who has been very helpful to me). I'm not sure what other hopup parts to buy.... the car is working quite well and has gotten quite a few favorable comments from other racers about how well it works for its price. My driving is by far the limiting factor, but I'm improving every time I hit the track, so that's promising.

I did want to use 300000cst oil but it was out of stock at the time I ordered, so I ordered the 500000cst instead. I'll order 300000cst with my next order.

I didn't compare my trackstar setup station to anyone elses today, but I'll see if anyone has a hudy at Wednesdays practice night to compare to. I'll could also just use a protractor to check the accuracy of the markings.

Originally Posted by mrjudd77
DBM looks lie you have had a bit of a shopping trip. I think you will find the 500000 oil to be too stiff for the front. I have been running 300000 in my front diff and in the pro spec this car just rotates like nothing else. Also I saw the trackstar setup board and was a little concerned about the perspex markings. Have you checked it against any other brands? Put someone elses setup board on after setting yours up? I would really like to know exactly how good they are before ordering one myself as I love my anodised red cheap stuff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140403_164632~01~01~01.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	1184691