R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Power RC Z3R Motors
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 06:22 PM
IndyRidgeRunner
Tech Rookie

Smile New car

Hi guys. I just purchased a new to me Custom Works SE3. I race on a flat dirt track around 40x60ft. I usually run a stock slash and a brushless SC10 Team kit. I have several feature wins and consider myself to be a throttle control type driver. The track I race at requires foam tires with late model body, and 13.5 in blinky. I decided to move to this class to get away from the people that drive like back yard bashers. I took the car out for a few practice sessions in class and found myself to be running mid pack. When I bought the guy out it came with 5 rotors of different colors. I was told that the motor had not been run yet so I'm assuming it has the red rotor. Anyway, the car flys through the corners but I get walked on down the strait. Would I benifit from changing the rotor to torque, high torque, or Mod to make up the difference? Motor rpm's sounded in the ball park and the motor temp was only warm and not uncomfortable to the touch. Timing is set at 20. I'm experienced but new to this class and motor and pretty much just need a quick education on the different rotor characteristics, and the max safe timing for each rotor. Thanks in advance.