R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Foam vs Rubber....
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 03:09 PM
tc3jp
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran rubber and was progressing along pretty good. I was finding better n better setups and getting faster as the months went by.It was a really smooth asphault track .Then one year the coolest indoor carpet track opened. Hot dang I said this is gonna be way cool.You could not ask for a better place.It has a Hudy truer for all to use,I had all the help I needed learning to run carpet.I raced for well over a year every weekend.I tried everything in the book. I could not get the hang of it.Carpet just aint my thing.I tried and tried and tried I was just going nowhere. My laptimes where not going up. There is just something about carpet that just does not feel like a natural surface for a car to be running on.Give me some rubber tires and some asphault.Thats what a car should be running on like the real ones.I had some help from a few of the best from our local guys to some fast out of towners.Don,t get me wrong I'm not giving up.I just think asphault is the real deal for me anyway.I ran on asphault and rarely ever broke and, my bodys lasted forever.On carpet I tore up everything I put down on the track .lol