R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR removed Trinity Epic D3.5 13.5 and 17.5 from ROAR motor list
Old 04-02-2014, 12:40 PM
bucketboy
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecaptain
It's because its a more even and fair playing field than it would have been if not for roar. I mean we all run 17.5 we all run 2s lips we all run a certain width and length and height. We all run a certain weight and in blinky mode. These are some of the things that make it a more "level playing field".
I agree, there needs to be conformity, its easy to check the cars weight, hieght width ect but IMO motor classes are in themselves the cause of a problem. The power of a 17.5 blinky is limited, having a motor that spins a little faster or gives a little more torque than another will always give an advantage, as to are speedo's that blink when they shouldn't (I'm not saying thay has ever happened). With open modified there is generally more power than you can use. Modified motors run cooler, gearing is less important, speedo setting less critical so cheating becomes pointless.

So is modified too fast? Lap times are not significantly faster than 17.5, the car will only go as fast as you push the lever and the truth is that fast guys are fast guys regardless of the class of motor they run.

Bb