R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno SCT410 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 01:09 PM
RazzBarlow7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
nice case Razz,
For what progressiverc charges, anyone can do it themselves or have someone do it!
yeah I looked at pelicans site also. Very cheap made cases! Pelicans are awesome! I wanted or thought I wanted an orange or yellow case at first. BUT love my carbon fiber! so the all black stealth mode looks the best! Im not quite done with it! Ill try and post pics of it out of the case! Kinda like a turtle out of his shell! I just was really scared about cuting into a 100 dollar case!, so hince the intake and output cooling fans! And it is still waterproof! All I need now is a left angel power chord! Even on my Honda
generator inverter 2000, it just chugs along zero problems! Still cant believe that I never thought of parallel charging until this year!
Thanks! I appreciate the compliments.

It was important for me to keep the case intact, without cutting any holes in it. I wanted to be able to fly with it and I wanted to keep the watertight feature of the Pelican case.

I was prepared to add cooling fans to the faceplate if needed, but after monitoring temperatures under use (discharge or storage mode generates the most heat for my setup) I found that temperatures stay very reasonable. I rarely see over 95 degrees. Maybe that's because of the Meanwell power supplies? I don't know. They are a higher-end PS and have a reputation for running cool.

I have bought a dual USB port to charge my phone or anything else that is USB chargeable. That will be installed soon. I also plan to install a 12V banana plug output port and a 24V banana plug output port.

Constantly tinkering.