R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First time breaking in a GX15 engine, Pull start so tight and hard to pull? can't get
Old 03-31-2014, 07:10 AM
hicks451
Tech Apprentice

Default First time breaking in a GX15 engine, Pull start so tight and hard to pull? can't get

Hi all, I have just rebuilt a Kyosho GX15 engine and replaced the piston rod, Piston head and sleeve, Pin and clip but now i am ready to break in the engine i am having trouble with the pull start being so hard to pull it up that it feels like i might break it and i can't get the engine to start up? Has anyone got any help or advice on what might be going wrong and what might be the best way to get it started to get the break in proccess up and running. I thought i might have put to much fuel into the engine but when i took the glow plug off and tried to drain the engine there wasn't that much fuel in there as i first thought. I did add some WD40 in the glow plug hole after i built the engine just so it had some lubricant to help the piston and sleeve mix together better but i only added 5 small drops so i'm now lost as to what could be wrong Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as this is my first ever attempt to break in a nitro engine so i want to get it right first time around and don't want to cut corners or do it wrong. I look forward to your replies and hopefully someone can help me out as i'm hoping to get it started asap. Many thanks in advance