R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Andy M
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Paul_TC4
Hey guys,

I was thinking of getting the Carbon conversion for the TC4..... or at least the chassis. I know many people say that the Carbon conversion makes a HUGE difference, but has anyone noticed a difference in their lap times??

Thanks,
Paul

I haven't gone for a full conversion kit as I'm getting the BMI chassis asap, however I put on carbon wishbones on Tuesday and the difference was slight but noticable.

The wishbones are actually the most important part to replace when it comes to graphite parts as they are the bits which are under the most force most of the time and are the bits which flex the most. Although a plastic chassis does have some flex I am reliably informed som of the "lazy" feeling you sometimes get is caused by flex in the arms.

After replacing the arms the car seemed to feel like more of a single unit, with the plastic parts you could notice the back end trying to catch up with the front as the parts bent. I need to get the car back on a big track to test a week on sunday but I'm expecting to improve with this new setup.