R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why are we Dumbing down our hobby??
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 12:16 AM
speedxl
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hyper1
I understand people's unjust opinion on guys that have a lot of high tech stuff but I have been in this hobby for 14-15 years now have have built up quite an arsenal of high tech stuff over the years and that's what people don't understand.they automatically assume that it takes all this stuff to race and I quickly explain that I've been at this for some time now and it doesn't take all this stuff to race.I just like high tech stuff that's all.I don't buy it all at the same time either, a little at a time.
That is the first thing I explain to them. I have been doing this a long time and have acumilated alot of equipment over time.
Occasionally I'll show up to track with bare essentials and show them you dont need them.
I got rid of the 2 turbo chargers I had and big power supply. I traded 2 lrp comp chargers for the turbo chargers and bought a 14 amp power supply from ebay for 19 dollars. I do well here in the florida state series. I am 12 scale champion. You dont need dynos and fancy lap tops to be competitive. You make it as expensive as you want!