R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why are we Dumbing down our hobby??
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Speedie
Tech Master

I think the main point of a 4cell mod class is being missed. Battery technology is surpassing the motor technology. And they feel that the current and up and comming batches of cells are more than the current motors can handle. I believe Mr Reedy and MR Martinez have a good understanding of what a mod motor can handle.

I dont feel like this "DUMBS DOWN" anything. I think that is directly opposite of the effect it would have. Does putting a restrictor plate on an internal combustion engine make is slower? Yes. Easier to tune and build? Hell no, it makes it twice as hard and makes all of the details twice as important. I dont like the idea of 4 cell either but I think for differen reasons. I dont like it from the chassis side of things. How do you design a car that is suited for both? An X Ray or any other with saddle packs would be easier as it would just lighten up the car but what about a TC4 or a Shuie where the cells are all on one side that would be hard to make suited for both. And just adding weight to the 4 cell car is a bad idea also as it would just make them slower and be harder on the motors. I doubt if there is an easy answer. But change is good that I know is a fact.