R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DETC410
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 08:32 PM
pyro854
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HawkSpeed
The o-rings provided for the top of the shock (to seal the cap) seem way too big... Is it supposed to be like that?
I noticed this too. Yes, the o-rings are bigger than the shock body, but the groove in the shock cap is the right size for the o-rings.

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
If anyone takes a swing at running this as a VTA car, I'd be interested in hearing the results. Lots of glowing reviews thus far. The urge to build a new kit, and wanting to run something different than the herd certainly has me interested... though I'm kind of waiting to see if the "as-is" car continues to work well with only minor tweeks, or if it turns into a car that is highly modded for best results. I avoid certain brands because what ends up being the car that is raced with success is so different / evolved from what came in the box... not that I really copy set-up sheets but if I do, I don't want to be forced to spend another 100+ in parts along with doing all sorts of "mods". Looks like the TD car is pretty much on-point as is so far though.
The only option parts that i plan on getting are steel d joint drive shafts and steel spool outdrives, the aluminum servo mounts (to get rid of extra flex in stock plastic mounts), at least a set of split suspension mounts, and the flex control mount. If the plan is to run it in VTA i dont think any of the hop ups are really needed nor will you need to modify parts to make the car work.