R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:30 PM
dbme
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seefil
Thanks for the replies and great info. After looking up some of these items, things have seemed to get a tad bit more complicated.. lol I'm thinking starting with 1/12 Team Associated pan to start. Speed controls seem to have really advanced with the programmers.? WT... Are 1/12 stock or mod motors? What is the battery (man, they have changed a lot too) cell count, voltage, run time... ? I'm looking for a charger also. Something user friendly since I'm already feeling a bit overwhelmed. I'll definitely be hitting the track to get a better idea. Thanks again for your patience and replies.
1/12 scales use 1s (1 cell) 3.7v Lipo Batteries. Most people use a 5500mah or greater battery. We use 13.5 brushless motors with a "blinky" (non-timing) ESC in 1/12 scale. So you won't have to worry about programming the ESC. The only class that we race where you would need to program timing in the ESC is Mod Touring.
Most current chargers seem to be pretty good. I think the charger I use was discontinued but it's similar to the Duratrax ICE. It's simple and gets the job done.

ROAR's list of "Blinky" (Non-Timing) approved Speed Controllers: http://www.roarracing.com/approved_non_timing_escs.php