R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Daytona Prototype Class Rules
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 08:50 AM
flyingm
Tech Regular

Hey- Thanks for all the feedback and opinions.

The reason we make the Daytona Prototype bodies is because I feel RC road racing should reflect the top level of Road Racing in the U.S. Just my opinion of course, and keep in mind these rules are just suggestions if you are interested in this style of racing. There is no big organization involved, just trying to promote a certain style of road racing.

As for Pan Cars vs Touring cars....I've raced Pan Cars longer than most of you have probably been alive, so I love Pan Cars such as World GT, but obviously the Touring cars are much more prolific and you can't argue with the suspension technology of today's Touring cars. So, our DP bodies are oriented to the Touring car chassis, but you probably won't have a problem fitting our MX-P DP body to a World GT chassis.

If you are not interested in the Daytona Prototypes, just pass by this thread, please. If you do follow full size road racing in the U.S. and would like to have that style of racing for RC, this is the place to post your thoughts.

One extra note. We will have detail decals available for our DP bodies soon.

Thanks
Gary McAllister
McAllister Racing