R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22-4 THREAD
Thread: TLR 22-4 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Beau S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TorcRacing
The other local 22-4 driver broke one a few weeks ago and used a TLR 22 axle with an RB6 outdrive. He said it's the only fix while we wait for 22-4 rear universal sets. I'm not 100% sure if he used a 22 universal or a cvd axle but I'm pretty sure he used the universal. When I looked on amain for the 22 universal sets they are all out of stock and I couldn't find just the axle. So I'm not sure where he sourced the parts or what.

The rear universal set is the only replacement part I don't have stocked up. So this is defiantly my biggest worry, last I checked amain was supposed to get them 3-28, which is coming up. But talking to the amain warehouse staff I told them rumor had it horizon wasn't getting more till Mid-April. When I said that they told me that that might be right and if it was amain would push back the "in stock" date back. I can't see them doing this though. So I am still hopeful we will have more universals next friday. If they get them in, and front arms, I'm going to buy a ton of them. I have driven up to amain's warehouse now I think 3 weeks in a row just because there is 0 parts support locally. So I can drive 4 hours or wait 4 days. Lately I just make the drive and then use store credit/coupons to compensate for the 30$ in gas.

WHY??? Would he need to run a RB6 outdrive, bcz he is running a 22drive shaft? The 22 ball fits the 22-4 outdrive.

There are a couple of direct work arounds for the axles, no geometry change. I just need to dbl check the hex/pin pos.. Before saying more.