R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Drive frequency importance ?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Terry_S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Stock versus drive frequency

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
How much difference do the drive frequency make in the real world? Is it more about feel of the car, or can a lower drive freq. actually make a noticably difference in acceleration?

In other words: Is it worth to sell my LRP v7.1 (3.140 Hz) and get another ESC? I'm driving stock class on very small and technically tracks so I need all the acceleration that I can get....

Maybe someone with a Novak Dually (or similar) can tell - that would be the ultimate test (same car, batteries, motor, track...)
I say yes a lower drive frequency makes a difference and it could be worth looking at other ESC's. Maybe users of KO and Keyence ESC's could also help you with their findings?

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Hi there

Some new thoughts on this...

Racing in stock, with plenty of capasity, is there any reason to NOT use the lowest possible frequency, to gain as much punch as possibly? Im' thinking of 244 Hz...

Some have mentioned comm wear. If I usually use approx. 4 kHz and are happy with cutting the comm every 10-15 runs, how many runs would I be able to do with 244 Hz?

Thanks.
Less runs than 10-15 I'd say, most likely a lot less.