R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Top 25 RC Driver Ranking System
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Manufacturercup
Tech Regular

rustyfingers-
That is a really good question and it is kind of complicated. Some races are automatic qualifiers such as Worlds, US nationals, and Euro A to name a few. But for a race to qualify outside of the automatic races it needs to have a strong enough field of racers in attendance. That is determined by adding the attending drivers Average points (This is the number that you see on the list) and that is the determining factor if the race is qualified as well as how the points will beak down throughout the places. The reason I chose to do it this way is because, in my opinion, what makes a top driver in the world isn't running around the world winning races against club racers (it doesnt matter if there is 500 entries, they should win those races), its about how you perform against other top level drivers in the world. Here is a couple US races that I will use as an example. Tessman wins 1/8 buggy at the Nitro Challenge with TONS of world class racers in attendance and Hara wins that Asia tour race with JQ being the only other world class driver there. Can those be considered equal wins? I don't think so. here is a link to the race i am referring to http://www.neobuggy.net/2013/11/26/h...nt/#more-36510

If you want on the list or want to climb farther up the list, then show up and race against the best.