R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 06:16 AM
Brian McGreevy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdeadman
I's running my fttc4 in 17.5 TC now and and its working pretty good. But I'm fighting traction rolling something fierce.

I was on harder springs (gold/blue) but it was worse and now I have upped the shock oils to 47.5/45 on #2 pistons with silver/green and it's a whole lot better.

This wide chassis likes to play dirty with the carpet so I have my ride height up a tad @ 5.5mm

silver front roll bar and black rear.

Roll center I have zero shims on the a-arms and 2mm on the upper Camber link in the front which is on the most inside hole and in the rear I have .5mm shim on the most inside. and inside hole on the hub.

3 degree rear toe to keep the rear in check. Anything less and the rear wants to be first.

Shocks are second from the outside on the tower and outside on the arms

All of the internal bracing is gone.

Camber f/r is 1.5/2 degrees running 4 degree caster in the front

Sweep 32 degree tires with Paragon ground effects (Black can) Full rears 1/2 fronts

Any Suggestions TC4 gurus

Thanks
First thing I would change is to take away some camber. Can you tell if the vehicle is picking up the front or rear first? If so, reduce camber by 0.5 deg at that end, and perhaps all around. I would actually try keeping the softer springs you have and reduce your oil weight to 40/35 or 35/30. Heavier oil will slow things down but will also put more force into the tires in bump. Laying the shocks down a hole or two will soften the rates but also make them more progressive, and this tends to help as well.