R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 03-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Bob Barry
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
Has anyone run Frank's new set up on a loose outdoor surface? Had any success?

I ran it last night for first time at a club race. Have it set up exactly as he spec's out. Track is outdoor, tends to be on the looser side and was a little blown out. It was approx 40-45 degrees outside.

I think this setup is going to be great on high bite surface, but I had all sorts of issues keeping the rear end in check. Only had a 9.5 in it w/ no boost and could barely get past 1/2 throttle before the rear got loose. Esp coming out of turns. It had TONS of steering, which didn't help the rear end probems. Very little front grip. I didn't have a ton of tires to try, but the 3 I tried all produced similar results. I'm thinking of stiffening up the front spring to truck black to try and tune out some of the steering. Any other ideas?

I think this setup makes the truck more stable. What tires were you running? I would try something like super soft Grid Irons or M4 Holeshots and see if that helps. Maybe even try soft front and super soft rear or M3 front and M4 rear.