R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
ridered4life250
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Ken, this play is normal and actually for most people will make the truck easier to drive. It is that way by design.

I am not sure exactly where to start with all of this but I am sorry for your frustrations. This truck has evolved a long way from its RTR roots and thus some things are still evolving on it. It does however provide you with the best 4WD SC out of any box you can buy today.

1. We are still looking into this to see if this can be resolved properly. The bearings were initially too loose on the diff and so we tightened up the tolerances and so they got a bit tight. Most go on with a tiny bit of work but it is still work.

2. I use a powered driver and MIP tips and have yet to strip one of these screws. I run them straight in with no grease and no tapping. For those using hand tools, I always recommend grease and tapping these as these holes were also tightened up so as not to strip. I do not take being called a a-hole lightly but realize you are venting so I will just assume that is what it is. HH CS would be happy to send you new ones if you so desire.

3. I have never had an issue with the diff in the housing, in either the front or rear. If you feel there is an issue, you can surely contact HH customer service and they will get you a new one. It is possible that the bearings may not be fully seated on the diff and this could possibly cause this. When you place the screws into this system and screw it together, it aligns everything.

4. I have not heard such remarks on the instructions. As for as metric versus standard, this vehicle includes metric screws where they engineering wise were needed. I do hear you on this and this is an issue coming from when this vehicle was originated and something that we want to address in time.

As far as your AE wants...sorry to hear you feel this way. I am incredibly familiar with AE and their quality and I can say our quality is very good.
Hacker: thanks for the responses. I ended up just using the HPI Z449 screws and everything worked out great. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to come onto a website and stand up for your company.
On a side note, you really think if I call CS they will send me out a new ring gear and screws? Thanks in advance