R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
hyper7vspec
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nafhan
If people just want a big jump why don't they just put a big double instead of wasting more dirt on a couple of mounds that don't need to be there. it will still require the skill that people are talking about to make it and people that can't will just have to roll them. I think the quad will be a marshaling problem as the one that's there still is. It's fine to say there will be 15 marshals when the titles are on, but what happens on club days after the event people will be siting there for 15 mins waiting to get marshaled if someone sees them.
Intresting suggestion regarding a double, put it to Phil and see what he thinks? I still reckon offering a 2-2 is better than rolling some singles.

And as far as the existing quad being a marshalling issue, I fail to see what people are talking about, cars that choose to jump it understand that the risk of messing up is loosing time having to be Marshalled, going the 2-2 option is safer and slower, thus the choice is the drivers to make. And the Marshall's safety is priority, so if there are cars coming through when u crash then that's just unfortunate, the Marshall will do there best to get there ASAP, and ultimately that's all they can do, and that is irrespective of a clubby or a state titles.

One of the advantages of having a big jump on the straight, is that it is a straight run up and also it's closest to the drivers stand making it much easier to judge that our current quad, and with a straight run up there is no double to jump before it so In my opinion our current quad will still be the hardest jump, this jump should be relatively simple to do, and therefore shouldn't create to many crashes.

It should acctually be the easiest jump on the track, seeing as it is the ONLY jump the is not out of a corner!

All this discussion is fantastic, everyone gets to have some input and the committe get feedback.